Main Purpose of the Post:
To create a safe and nurturing environment for children to learn an essential life skill. In particular, taking responsibility for the day-to-day operational management of our pool facilities for customers and co-ordinating their supporting infrastructure. As well as teaching babies and toddlers water confidence, safety and aquatic skills following the Water Babies’ specific course structure.
This post is for a one year contract for Maternity Cover.
Health & Safety
· Ensure the building is operated in line with the current legal requirements, industry best practice and Water Babies Health and Safety standards and procedures at all times.
· Report any incidents, accidents or near misses in line with Water Babies policies and procedures.
· Managing all QE2 pool staff
· Overseeing timesheets each month for support staff and submitting to our Accounts team
· Managing onsite shop - pushing sales, ordering stock, processing payments
· Main point of contact between WB and QE2 School
· Ensure smooth running of plant room and general maintenance of the swimming pool and changing areas
· Ordering chemicals to ensure correct running of plant room
· Organise and manage a planned preventative maintenance programme for the centre
· Deal with any invoices relating to hydro pool (chemicals, servicing, weekly water sampling) by sending them on the Accounts Team
· Reporting of any issues (maintenance, structural, etc) to QE2 School. Liaising with QE2 School if any work needs to take place on poolside
· Ordering cleaning products and batteries for poolside maintenance
· Developing positive, trusting relationships with clients
· Answering client phone calls and dealing with related issues when required
· Using internal systems including NEMO & Swimphony effectively
· Reporting on complaints received and any relevant outcomes
· Coordinating and pro-actively managing the waiting lists for new classes
· Lead customers and their children in weekly swimming classes, delivering the highest quality of tuition in line with the Water Babies’ standards.
· Collaborate with the office support team, identifying customer needs to ensure effective support of children’s learning.
· Communicate professionally about venues, partners and other non-class related challenges to maintain high expectations and standards.
· Provide weekly feedback on each class (verbal and written) to the office support team.
· Provide feedback which is appropriate for the age and learning stage of children in a nurturing, constructive manner to improve skills and safety.
· Be ready to teach a minimum of 15 minutes prior to the first class commencing and remain on site until the last customer leaves to ensuring the upmost levels of safety and customer service.
· Contribute to the orientation of new classes when required, providing excellent customer service.
· Clean, sterilise and maintain all equipment in accordance with current guidance.
· Provide teaching cover for other classes throughout the franchise area when required.
· Identify areas for improvement within our operations to benefit customers and the team.
· Maintain and improve knowledge and professional standards, proactively identifying and attending training, required professional development (CPDs) and learning opportunities.
· Collaborate with your team to continually improve the service to Water Babies customers.
· Diligently complete all required documentation and administrative procedures.
· Promoting Water Babies at events, through word of mouth and distribution of leaflets, where appropriate.
· Ensure any interactions with customers on social media platforms are in line with our company policies and procedures.
· To provide back up and support to the whole team
· To complete any other duties as may be deemed appropriate.
· Enjoys talking to lots of different people
· Enjoys having lots of different tasks to do
· Gets a buzz from meeting customers’ needs
· Likes to enthuse others about Water Babies
· Enjoys getting to know people and their babies
· Likes to see others develop skills
· Shows positive emotions to customers
· Remains calm in difficult situations
· Understands the feelings of others
· Communicates messages clearly and simply
· Communicates with confidence and enthusiasm
· Builds rapport quickly
· Uses a variety of styles to win people over
· Shows positive emotions to customers
· Remains calm with difficult customers
· Is able to understand the feelings of others
· Solves problems based on experience and knowledge
· Thinks on feet to adjust how things are done
· Completes tasks to high standards
· Can switch from one thing to another as required
The above duties are not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation. Water Babies Limited will notify you in the event your job specification is subject to change.