Title: Accounts Officer.
Location: Hybrid working, Exeter, England.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent.
Salary: £23,000.00-£25,000.00 per year (dependant on experience).
To Apply: Please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 4th August 2023We are looking for an Accounts Officer to join our busy & exciting Finance team. If you are good with numbers, AAT qualified, a good team player & ready for your next challenge we want to hear from you.
Teaching over 50,000 babies and toddlers per week across the UK, Ireland, Canada, Netherlands, New Zealand and China, Water Babies is the largest pre-school swimming company in the world.
Financial reporting is core to being able to offer our franchises the best service to grow their client base & be the best they can be.
The Accounts Officer will be responsible for:
- To be directly responsible for recording, managing, and reporting all purchase ledger transactions within specific group entities. Each company will be a key responsibility and each task required to achieve this responsibility will be inherent in the work plan of the Accounts Officer.
- To assist with the sales ledger as part of preparing the monthly management accounts.
- To assist in preparing management accounts for specific companies within the group structure to review level.
- To take direct responsibility as part of the extended corporate finance team in ensuring that each company operates within the financial control procedures of the group and monthly reconciliations and control balances are prepared and signed off within the purchase ledger framework.
- To work with the extended corporate finance team in delivering financial data and analysis to support the senior management team in achieving specific goals and projects as initiated by the strategic board.
- Monitor accounting and reporting developments and provide recommendations to process changes to ensure compliance of the purchase ledger.
- Always ensure compliance with relevant regulatory bodies including Vat, Corporation Tax and PAYE within the purchase ledger framework.
- Work with the Head of Finance and other team members to maintain and improve internal financial controls and ensure that procedures are appropriate and efficient.
The role will require you to work closely with our UK and international franchisees and Head Office team, therefore exceptional communication, organisation, and planning skills will be key to the success of this post.
The Accounts Officer post will be full time and permanent and we will reward you with a competitive salary and company benefits package.
- AAT qualified
- Ability to assist in preparing management accounts with excellent reconciliation and analytical skills
- Good working knowledge of MS Office packages, e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Sage
- Work in an accurate, organised and structured way that others can follow
- Ability to work effectively either as part of a team or individually
- Strong communication skills
Strong culture of company support with ongoing training opportunities
Family friendly policies
Flexible Hybrid working
Enhanced holiday and leave
Employee Assistance Programme
Group Life Cover
Company-wide social activities
A rewarding role to be proud of
We Take Care of Our People
Our diverse team makes us who we are and we aren’t afraid to shout about it. We’ve made it the kind of company where you can balance great work with a great life. We want you for what you can do.
This is a demanding job, but you get so much back from it in return. As a team, we have great fun and work extremely well together – because we care about each other and we’ll support you through thick and thin.
For more information on the data we hold for you as an applicant, and how we manage it, please see our Privacy Notice for Water Babies Job Applicants at