To all of our customers,
With the world as it is at the moment, we are heart-broken and anxious. Our thoughts are with those impacted by the humanitarian crisis in the Ukraine, particularly those losing lives, loved ones and their homes. Our hearts are particularly with the babies and children that this impacts.
As a business that centres around our littlest ones, we are supporting Save the Children, an outstanding charity that has a long history of providing emergency help to children in crisis situations. Save the Children are working alongside the Disasters Emergency Committee for this appeal, and donations will be matched by the UK government as part of the UK Aid match.
As the war unfolds, Save the Children’s Ukraine crisis response aims to reach 3.5 million vulnerable children and their families. They aim to assist by:
- Working in neighbouring countries to help the hundreds of thousands of people who have been forced to flee their homes
- Distributing essential supplies and winter kits of clothing and blankets as temperatures plunge below freezing
- Providing cash and vouchers assistance to families to meet basic needs like food, rent and medicines
- Offering vital mental health and psychosocial support to children and their families
- Providing access to safe, inclusive, quality education
Save the Children is also addressing needs across Health and Nutrition; Water, Sanitation and Hygiene; and Shelter as part of the first phase of the response.
Our vision at Water Babies is to give children the best start in life and for this reason Water Babies will be donating to Save the Children for the excellent work it is doing in response to helping little ones through this conflict.